My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Thanks for letting me in. :-)





A Stranger In a Strange Land




This short story has been previously published in The Standard, Elliot Lake's local newspaper.   It is also found as one of the short stories in Book One of my trio of anthologies titled Social Studies.  Book One is sub-titled "Dying To Be Popular".


 cover design by Susan Ruby K.
of Yuneekpix.com

Little did she know when she tripped over his big, bare feet on her way to work on Christmas Eve morning that she was meeting her future happiness.  A Stranger In a Strange Land is a short story about homelessness, angels, strangers, the Holy Bible, music, love, faith and perseverance.

"A Stranger In a Strange Land" is a love story with a very unusual beginning.  At Christmas time especially we are reminded that  strangers can indeed be angels in disguise.  "I was a stranger and you took me in."    

       My joy and my passion is creative writing.  This fall of 2018 I celebrate my eleventh writing anniversary.  It is my pleasure to invite you to enjoy my many short stories, poems, novellas and novels.  Thanks for taking the time to check out my author's page at https://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin
       I feel blessed to live and work in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada.   As a small town author I am proud to be what is popularly known as an "Indie Author".    With the help of Amazon I am able to share my creative work with you.

I often miss working with Mags  and Wynterblue Publishing Canada and I owe her a great debt of gratitude.  But when I found myself without this wonderful support I didn't make any attempt to find another publisher.  This decision was made primarily because I am in my senior years and I want to make the most of the time  God is granting me.   I became an "Indie Author" and I am glad that I did.

Eleven years ago I retired from what we call the working world.  And then eleven years ago I went to work.

To date I have created for your reading pleasure,  many novels; novellas; four short story anthologies; one book of self-discovery; one poetry anthology and numerous short stories including "A Stranger In a Strange Land."    Most of my creative writing focuses on current social issues. 

I have also written two plays that I am thinking I may one day publish.   One of my plays was performed a few years ago by the Elliot Lake Amateur Theatre Group.   The other play was short listed in a Wynterblue Writing Competition.

"I was a stranger and you took me in."    This is the basic theme of "A Stranger In A Strange Land."   However I still apply this description to myself as well.

Even after 11 years of writing I still often feeI I'm a stranger in the creative writing world.  Doing my best to keep up with technology, I am learning about audio books and podcasts. Soon two of my books, Sara, a Canadian Saga, and When God Gives Us Spring will be available in audio book format from Amazon, Audibles, and ITunes.

Many of you have already let me in and this makes me very happy    But I remain a stranger in this vast, strange, publishing world, and the truth is I will do so until you pick up one of my books and let me in.

Time disappears. It blows my mind to even realize that we are more than mid-way through 2018.   I wonder where all the years have gone sometime and it is for this reason that I felt it was important to write my memoir.  I wanted to get it down before I forgot it all.  :-)     My memoir may be a little scattered, somewhat like the fictional memoir of the beautiful Ellen, Ellen and The Hummingtree, but it comes from the heart. Part one titled "All Them Houses" is available in both Kindle and Paperback exclusively on Amazon. The release of Part Two titled "All Them Houses -- from John, Paul, to Bedlam" is planned for spring of 2019.






To those of you who have let me and my stories into your life I just want to say thank you.  And I wish you every happiness and success as we soon enter another autumn; my favourite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment