My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, May 15, 2016

#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Drama > Canadian
#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Drama
#14 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Drama

Cover design by http://yuneekpix.com

4.0 out of 5 stars
Great read By heather on May 19 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
I really enjoyed this book and all the diverse characters, including the personification of the road.

4.0 out of 5 stars
Four Stars By Deb Morrison on Sept. 4 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Good Canadian location read and tugged the heartstrings.

Excerpt from: Moose Road, a Canadian Tragedy by Audrey Austin Chapter One: SEVEN DWELL NEAR “Tell me a story, tell me a story, tell me a story and remember what you said.” Ever since that terrible day of the tragic accident each of the residents who live by my side has a tale to tell. Yes, everyone has a story and each story teller speaks his own truth. What I do find curious is the fact that no two stories are alike. Each is unique in its own way. I am of the opinion that truth is multi-sided and speaks from many hearts. A very long time ago I heard someone repeat the words of Winston Churchill who is purported to have said, “The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.” Yes, indeed, there it is. Truth is multi-sided and it dares to speak from many hearts. I have been around for a very long time. I existed in this very location even before man decided to give me a name. I guess that makes me old and, that being the case, I confess I am very old. I was here before any person chose this place to build a home. I have always thought I possessed a firm grasp on reality but since the day of the tragedy I am questioning for the first time the meaning and the impact of truth. I have more questions than answers. Is it possible that truth is, indeed, no more than one’s personal perception? Each individual’s truth, until shared, is locked in a sacred space in one’s memory. Memory does have its share of weakness. It can be faulty. As weeks turn into months memory is often tested. “Tell me a story and remember what you said.” I find it very interesting that the residents of the seven farms impacted by the tragedy each retain a different personal memory of the accident and its aftermath. Although I am well aware that it would not occur to any ordinary human that an old long-travelled country road could possibly have the capacity to remember, I can assure you that I do. Yes, indeed, I do have a memory. Even though I am very old it remains a good one. I do remember well. Some thoughts give me reason to smile while other memories I would prefer to forget. I have learned that the more painful memories are the most stubborn; the least likely to be forgotten and the most likely to be remembered. Even when a human believes he has managed to bury a painful memory he has not. That remembrance will pop up like a jack-in-the-box. It will present itself at the most odd and unexpected of times and sometimes even in the form of a recurrent dream. Of course, I am not a human. I can assure you that I am a no nonsense road; plain, practical and from my very first appearance on earth many generations ago I have made it my focused mission to do my duty and fulfill my purpose as I see fit. I have always taken great pride in my existence and to this very day I do my best to serve those who choose to travel upon my surface. Unlike humans who are, I have learned, sometimes very superficial creatures, I am not shallow. I don’t blame the travelers for being unable to see beneath my surface. But I assure you I am not just the visible thin layer of gravel you might observe at first glance. I do have substance. Yes, I am old now. I have been here in this spot in northern Ontario, Canada for many interesting and enduring lifetimes. Although I am a road less travelled I am still in pretty good shape. I expect I’ll be here for a few more generations. I can see no good reason why I should not continue to be here. I have never existed anywhere else on this earth and this is my home.

Review
Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy has received its first review. I'm thrilled to share it with you.

"I grabbed your book and headed for bed. This was about 7:30.
I turned out the light just after midnight.
I couldn't put it down!
... Your characters are so real and believable! I absolutely fell in love with the Road, and Santo's dad, Arthur broke my heart and I think we all know someone a little...like Eunice... Just wonderful!
I liked how you interjected the Road's thoughts midway, and I liked the ending!
The story is riveting. I felt like I knew these people!"
Susan Ruby K.


A review by Lucy Ann Spence:
"WOW !!! Just finished reading this fabulous book...Audrey, you have a winner here...thoroughly enjoyed it and held my attention right to the end...."


Moose Road is an exciting story and the characters living on the same road were all so down to earth, and it is a story you will not want to put down
until you have finished reading it as I know I couldn't. There has been a lot of research put into this story and the author is to be commended on her  great work. Eleanor Lambert.


MOOSE ROAD - a Canadian Tragedy is available in both Kindle and Paperback formats on all Amazon sites.

Check out my author's page at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

No comments:

Post a Comment