My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Monday, November 16, 2020

NaNoWriMo - Day 16

NaNoWriMo - Day 16:


It is written.  STRUGGLE - To Reach the Bridge of Light is now the first draft of my newest novel.

I awakened way too early today, and I think this was because I was anxious to meet the NaNo Challenge.  By seven a.m. I was typing.  It is now only 9:30 a.m. on Day sixteen of the challenge and this morning I wrote 1,711 words (so far) bringing my total word count to 50,222.

I feel good.  As my writer friends will agree, now the real work will begin for me.  I have my first draft; a good place to begin, and I hope by the spring of 2021 (if not before) to have a manuscript in publication.  Watch for the birth of a new book in both paperback and kindle.  Like all my publications, this book will be available exclusively on Amazon.  

My seven characters; Carley, Maria, Emily, Joseph, Bernard, Constance, and John were all rescued from the old, brown boat.  With the guidance of Archangel, they survived what no one else could.

Like all humans, these seven struggled throughout their lives.  Once rescued, is their struggle over or will a new one begin?

To find the answer to this question, you will need to buy the book and I hope you will.

I retired from the full time working world thirteen  years ago.  That is when I began to take creative writing seriously.  Since that time I have written nineteen books.  The nineteen are comprised of ten novels, two personal growth manuals; one book of poetry; two books for children; and four short story anthologies; not forgetting the tons of short stories that dare, like Daniel, to stand alone in the kindle store.

I discovered that I am a prolific writer.  It is safe to say that creative writing is my passion.  

I owe a debt of gratitude to my dear friend, Maggie Kirton.  She is the force who motivated and cheered me on thirteen years ago. Through her company, Wynterblue Publishing, I realized my dream of publication.  My earliest books were all published by Wynterblue Publishing.  

Through Wynterblue's regular writing competitions, I allowed my crazy imagination to go wild creating short stories; many of which were published over the years in Wynterblue's anthologies.  Mags, you were, and you are today, my inspiration.   Thank you for your encouragement throughout this, another NaNo Challenge.  I love you, my friend.

Thank you to the NaNoWriMo Challenge.  Last year at this time NaNo motivated me to create the first draft of THE OBSERVER - His Eye is on the Sparrow  which is my most recent publication on Amazon.    

Thank you to my friends who buy my books.  Some of you have bought a copy of every book I've written.  Thank you so much and I hope you will want to buy STRUGGLE - To Reach the Bridge of Light  once I have it all dressed up and ready to meet the world.

Thanks for your encouragement and support.  For me now, the NaNoWriMo Challenge is complete for another year.   For my writing friends who are still reaching for the magic 50,000, I wish you success.  NaNo is a great motivator.  I've had fun and I hope you are enjoying the process too.

Now, back to work.  :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment