My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Monday, April 13, 2020

The Strange New World in Which I Find Myself - 4

Today is Monday, April 13th, a statutory holiday for most here in Canada as it is the Monday following the Easter weekend.

Because of Covid-19 many Canadians do not need the statutory holiday this year because, sadly, if we combine the high unemployment rate with those who are choosing self-isolation, those who are working at home, and those who, like me, are retired from the working world, the unemployed probably now make up the largest proportion of our population.   

Without schools open to educate our children, even the kids won't appreciate that this day is a holiday from school.   For a few weeks now, every day has been a holiday, and many children are being home-schooled or receiving their classes on line.

This is, indeed, a strange new world in which I find myself.

There are now 24,804 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in my beautiful Canada.   

Premier Doug Ford tells me there are 421 new cases in Ontario.  7,470 is the large number of total cases in my home province. 

Forty-eight tickets were issued to people in Toronto this past weekend because they held gatherings, parties in their homes.  I cannot stretch my mind around the massive empty heads who continue to blindly disregard the social distancing rules to which we are all advised to adhere.  These people who do not self-isolate when called for; who do not social distance which is always called for, for everyone; who do not have respect for those who are doing their very best to help stop this serious and sometimes deadly virus are low-life in my opinion, and mine is the only opinion I have.   I know that calling another a nasty name will not change the situation.  Obviously even being fined does not change the situation.  What will stop these people who think they live above the law, above the rules, above everyone else?   What will it take to eradicate their selfishness?

I had an interesting morning while continuing my self-isolation here at home.  I completed another segment of the course I am currently taking online.  The course is called 'Women's Holistic Challenge To Reboot Their Life' and this wonderful course is facilitated by Zayra Mo, a very thoughtful, intelligent, interesting young woman with a beautiful smile and an amazing personality.   She truly inspires me to learn and to practice positive guidelines that will enrich my life.  'Be the attitude you want to be around' is just one of her uplifting suggestions.  

I recently, quietly, celebrated the publication of my most recent novel which is titled, "The Observer - His Eye is on the Sparrow".    My celebration was quiet because I was very excited about the prospect of having a Book Launch Bash this early summer.   Wonderfully talented musician friends stepped up and offered to perform at the Bash.  Thank you to all my talented musician friends who did so.  My church hall was there to be used for this celebration and the plan was to make the event a fund raiser.

Due to Covid-19 it is now unlikely that this Book Launch Bash will be taking place.

So, to my reading friends, I say thank you for checking out  "The Observer" on Amazon where it is available exclusively in both kindle and paperback format.  

The Amazon.ca link to this publication is https://www.amazon.ca/OBSERVER-His-Eye-Sparrow-ebook/dp/B0854BRFX8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Audrey+Austin&qid=1586798598&s=books&sr=1-1

My Amazon author's page is found at https://amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

For anyone in Elliot Lake who is interested, I do have twenty copies of this new book here at home.  The book is 391 pages long and it does include some illustrations.  It is a story of three generations of women; each on her own journey yet, despite different approaches to life, family patterns persist.  

If any of my reading friends here in Elliot Lake would like to buy a copy, please message me.  I can easily wrap and put a copy of The Observer into my mailbox for you to pick up and I will say thank you for the $20 you leave in my mailbox.




My dear friend, Lesley Blake, has returned from Florida, has completed her two weeks self-isolation upon her return, and is thankfully in good health.  This morning I was overjoyed to see her in my driveway.   We had a very short socially-distanced conversation.  My recent book is dedicated to my dear friend Lesley.  It was she who said to me, "Why not write about the observer?"   Thank you Lesley.   I hope you enjoy my gift of the story that resulted from your suggestion at the time of NaNoWriMo.

This morning I completed my thirty minute moderate aerobic workout.  I walk, kick, side-step, and twirl my way around my house under the guidance of Leslie Sanson who directs my every move on the old cassette tape.   I know it is important to exercise throughout these days of self-isolation.

I spent some time in my backyard but the cold wind kept my outing short.  Now I'm back in the house with Sam and Lila; cozy, warm and grateful for my comfortable home.   The Last Temptation of Christ is on TV and now I am watching it; a wonderful film I saw years ago with my sister, Muriel.  Watching it again, without her, is a reminder to me of the many friends and family members who have passed away since I first watched this movie long ago.

I will take my herbal tea and cozy up under my throw in my lazy boy chair and spend the afternoon being the lazy girl.   Such is my life in self-isolation.  I am blessed.

Be well.  Stay safe and healthy.

Love, Audrey.  






Our 'Getting High on Life Workshop for Women'
focusing on Emotional Healing & Being Authentic
will hopefully be taking place
in our local library's meeting room
Monday, September 21st.
I truly hope to see you there.