My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Covid

Today is Saturday, December 9, 2023.  Here in Elliot Lake, it is a mild but rainy day.  

Thankfully, my covid experience is on its way out.   Symptoms like a cough, shortness of breath, and tiredness remain but each day I am feeling a little more like my healthier self.

Covid has given me a most undesirable, sometimes frightening, month.  At one point, when I could not catch a breath, I was most grateful to my grandson who wasted no time getting me into the emergency department of our local hospital.

My underlying COPD condition assisted the nasty covid to do its best to stop me in my tracks.   I truly thought maybe it was time for me to exit the planet.

Believing transition was a good possibility, my biggest concern was my little cat, Misty.  Who would care for her?  Who would love her as she deserves to be loved?


Today I know I need to do one of two things.  I must outlive my adorable little Misty.  Or I must find someone willing to share their home with her should I need to leave.

I found no pleasure in feeling unmotivated to paint, to write, to cook, to clean, to do anything.   At the same time, I allowed myself to slip into the tiredness allowing it to be what it needed to be.  

I do not like to take medication but I am very grateful for that received.   Breathing became less a challenge in time.

Finally, I tested negative for covid.  I wish it on no one and I pray I will never experience it again.

I am living in a complex, complicated world.  It isn't always easy to remember to be in the world but not of the world.   But I try.  I'm told God loves a tryer and I know I must be found very trying.

I am an old lady, yet even this old lady can attest to the fact that life is very short.  Monday, Friday, Monday, Friday over many years, many events, many discouragements, many successes, many memories have come and have gone.  

I think of my friend, Jane, who asks why.  Why do we have war?  Why is there hunger?  Why can't we all just get along?    

When will we ever learn?   Never?  Too much time is squandered.

The most wise man said, "love one another".   It sounds like a simple thing to do.  But, I guess, it's not always easy to be simple.

In this world of darkness please keep your light shining.  

Sing your songs, paint your pictures, write your stories, love your neighbour, and take good care of yourself and those you love.

Trust the power of love, the power of one.   Do your best!  That, I guess, is all any one of us can do.

And, since this is my books' blog, thanks for buying a book or two.  

Thanks for listening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment