My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Setting a Goal for 2024

Another Christmas is over.  And we look ahead to a new year.  

I also look ahead to a new year and pray that it will be a better one for our world than the one we are currently sharing.   For too many of our neighbours, the gifts received during 2023 are hunger, poverty, illness, violence, hatred and war.  

Yes, there are pockets of light in this dark world.  We all need to let our light shine.

Setting a goal for the new year is always a good idea.   Mine is to write THE Great Canadian Novel.  I have my idea.  I've begun my research and I plan to have my 26th publication available before Christmas of 2024.  I don't have a title yet.  Once I do, I'll let you know.

If setting a goal is too big a challenge in these difficult times, then having a direction is a good place to start.   Take the first step and then the next.  If there is the occasional backward step, that's okay.  It's okay because you have your direction firmly in your mind and sometimes, surprisingly, what seems like a backward step is a necessity allowing you to see greater possibilities.

Despite personal losses, periods of illness, moments of indecision, 2023 has been good to me.  I hope it has been good to you too.

I wish my readers all good things coming your way in 2024.  Most of all, I wish you peace and love - just like the hippies back in the sixties.    Loving one another!  What a victory that would be for our world!  To love our neighbour as we love ourselves sounds like a simple matter, doesn't it?

But most of us have learned the lesson.  We have learned that it is not always easy to be simple.

To my fellow authors, keep that ink flowing!  Don't be discouraged.  Take the first step.  Set your writing goal for 2024.

One of my favourite movies from back in the nineties, is The City of Joy.   I think of Hasari's father who said to his son,  "Remember, a man's journey to the end of his obligations is a very long road.  It may not be what you expect." 

When we set a goal, choose a direction, take the first step, we are demonstrating intention.   

Having said that, I immediately think of my dear mother who often shared the cliche, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Still we take the steps.   Set your goal.  Choose your direction.  Mostly, I wish you peace as we look ahead with hope to a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment