My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Social Studies, Book Two - Shattered and Broken - an excerpt

Social Studies,  Book Two - Shattered and Broken

An excerpt from short story titled The Big Book



"Gwendolyn hesitated, then thought what am I worried about?  He can't kill me if I'm already dead.  "I'll come into the alley with you on one condition," she stated.

"One condition?  What condition you talking about?  I'm not into making deals, you know.  I just want to share a little drinkie-poo with you."

"It will cost you."

"Cost me?  Are you a pro?  Lordy, I never would have taken you for a pro, little lady.  Aren't you too old for that kind of monkey business?"

Feeling insulted, Gwendolyn replied, "Why, the nerve!  I don't know which is the biggest insult; calling me a pro or telling me I'm too old to be one!"

"Aah, I'm sorry lady.  I didn't mean no insult, honest."

"Well, okay, but here's my condition.  I will come into the alley and share a drink with you but in return I want you to give me a sock."

"You want me to sock you?" he asked in amazement.  "Hey lady, I'm not into no violent stuff.  I'm just a friendly fella looking for some company for a little while."

Gwendolyn could not contain her laughter.  "You foolish man!" she said. "

The Big Book is one of twelve short stories contained in the anthology titled 
Social Studies, Book Two - Shattered and Broken 
available in Paperback and Kindle formats exclusively on Amazon. 
The Big Book also dares to stand alone in the Kindle Store for your reading pleasure.





Social Studies, Book Two - Shattered and Broken is one of a trilogy of
short story anthologies
available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats.


Thanks for your positive reviews 
on Amazon and on Goodreads.

Cover design on all three Social Studies short story anthologies is created by



No comments:

Post a Comment