My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Monday, February 4, 2019

Social Studies, Book Three - Weaving Alice plus Eleven - an excerpt

Social Studies, Book Three - Weaving Alice plus eleven 

An excerpt from short story titled Under The Hummingtree

"That afternoon I was out in my front yard watering the plants just as I did every day.  School had been let out and children were shouting, laughing, and playing on the sidewalk as they passed my house on their way home.  This day I did not see Lucien coming.

Soon the sidewalks were silent.  All the children had passed by and still there was no sign of Lucien.  Panic started in my stomach and by the time it worked its way into my heart my legs had already gone into action.  I ran the two blocks up the road to school.

Lucien was not in the school yard.  He was not inside the school.  Lucien was nowhere to be found.  The teacher tried to calm me down.  "He's probably just playing at a friend's house," she said.

I just stared at her.  "Playing at a friend's house?  Are you Lucien's teacher?"

"Yes, of course."

"Then you must know that Lucien has no friend."

"Come.  We will talk to the principal," she replied.

The principal called the police.  I went home and I called Carol.  "I'm on my way home," she said.

I was fit to be tied.  Lucien!  Lucien!  Where are you, my boy?"



Social Studies, Book Three - Weaving Alice plus eleven is
one of a trilogy
of short story anthologies.


Social Studies - Books One, Two, and Three
are available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats
for your reading enjoyment.


Thank you for your positive reviews on Amazon and on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment