My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

POartRY and PROSE

 



I have had a very busy morning, up at 6 a.m. to keep an early morning virtual doctor's appt. The rest of my time has been spent in completing the editing/formatting of my very recent manuscript, POartRY and PROSE. I am happy to say that both the Kindle and the Paperback formats of this book are now in review on Amazon and should be available for sale within 72 hours. 🙂
To create POartRY and PROSE, I began by posting the photos of some of the many paintings I have created. Then beginning with the first painting, I looked at it before simply allowing words to flow.
With regard to the cover painting, as the river disappears behind the mountain, I feel the urge to follow it. I want to know what lies behind the mountain.
As I filled the pages with words, I had no idea what I would be thinking about, writing about, praying about. I had no agenda. I simply followed the river of photos of my paintings.
When the river flowed behind the mountain of another page, I hung onto the urge, and I followed it.
When I was faced with another painting, I was faced with a decision. What shall I write? Will I write a poem? Will I write prose?
This manuscript has been a writing adventure. I had no idea what I would write until I began typing words on my laptop.
And how does this creation of a manuscript differ from the way I live, and have lived, and will live my life?
I am open to life. I am prepared to meet whatever it may offer. I hope the same for you.
And I truly hope you will want to buy a copy of POartRY and PROSE. It will very soon be available exclusively on Amazon. You will find it on my author's page at https://amazon.com/author/audreyaustin
Note: Thanks Elliot Lake readers for your continued support. The kindle edition of POartRY and PROSE is already available exclusively on all Amazon sites. That was fast! The paperback format is still in review but will be available within 72 hours.
How exciting for me to have one of my own paintings on a book cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment