My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, July 3, 2020

The Strange New World In Which I Find Myself - 13

This is my thirteenth blog post since the commencement of self-isolation due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Today is Friday, July 3rd, 2020.   I always like to say or type the numbers 2020 because these numbers automatically cause me to think of the words, 'clear vision'.

I would like to say I have clear vision, however, if I am truthful, I'm feeling quite confused when it comes to Covid-19, my self-isolation, and my life as I am living it in this moment.  I am in no hurry to leave home.  I just do not feel quite ready.   I question myself as to whether I am being an extremist.  I'm not sure.

To date there have been 10.9 million confirmed cases globally; 105,000 confirmed cases in Canada; 35,535 confirmed cases in Ontario; and to my knowledge the number of confirmed cases in my small town of Elliot Lake remains at zero.

We are doing well here in Canada and in my home province.  I am proud to be Canadian.  As I understand it, the number of cases has flatlined and each new day there is a decline in the number of new cases.    I am very grateful for the leadership we receive federally, provincially, and locally.    

Where I feel alarm is when I hear the statistics reported regarding our neighbour south of us.  I'm not surprised that the number of confirmed cases in the U.S. has reached 2.8 million.  Nor am I surprised to learn that their number of confirmed cases is on the rise.   I'm not surprised because, from what I can understand, they lack leadership.   I can only hope and pray that the border between our countries remains closed until the situation in the U.S. shows some evidence of  improvement.

I have been singing my way throughout the pandemic.  To date I have recorded more than 200 old songs and favourite old hymns.   I've encouraged friends to join SingSnap.  It's free and it's fun.  A few times I've posted on Facebook my 'Song for Sunday'.    I don't pretend to be a 'singer' but I do love to sing.  And I encourage all my friends to do what they love.  Life is short.  The older I become the more my awareness of this simple fact heightens.

I am also continuing on-line studies through Udemy.  I hope to make good use of the knowledge gained through these courses in my work once my life returns to some semblance of normal.

Because we are handling the Covid-19 pandemic so well here in Elliot Lake, I've felt comfortable loosening the reins on my actions a little.  I've enjoyed the visits by clergy, by family, and by very close friends.  And, of course, my best friend, Chuck, is here daily. I can't say enough about how helpful and inspirational he is in my life.   He's my personal "Mr.  Fix-it"  and my personal "Mr. Positive".    I don't know what I'd do without this loving man in my life.  Thank you for being who you are, Chuck. 

I continue to feel grateful and appreciative of the City of Elliot Lake's Age-Friendly grocery shopping and delivery service.   I have not seen the inside of a store of any description since back in March.

Later on today I will venture into town and into a shop for the first time.    I haven't even been into town in weeks so I'm left wondering, do I wear a mask?   Will there be any problem with social distancing?

Simultaneously, since I understand there are no Covid-19 cases in our little Elliot Lake, I am forced to ask myself why I feel the need to ask the questions?       

In addition to pandemic concerns, I'm bothered very much by the extreme heat we are experiencing these past few days.   Unfortunately, I'm allergic to air conditioning.  Even though I have two fans operating I still feel the humidity in the house.   I'm very grateful for the slightest breeze when I venture out onto my front porch or onto the deck in the backyard.

I think next year, allergy or not, I may need to consider the prospect of having air conditioning installed.

I've done very little creative writing throughout the pandemic however I look forward to NaNoWriMo again in November.  I've already begun just a little bit of characterization and I have thought a little bit about the setting for the novel I plan to write in 2020.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of my latest novel, The Observer - His Eye is on the Sparrow.   And special thanks for the complimentary and positive feedback I have received from several of my readers.

I had originally planned a Book Launch Bash to introduce this book July 10th.  Of course, this big bash will not be happening.  In anticipation of it, I did purchase several copies for resale at the launch.    Thanks to all who have bought a copy.  I still have some copies on  hand here at home.  I sell all my books on Amazon and don't usually try to make sales personally here in town.  But this year it is an exception.   I hope you will want a copy, and if you do, please just contact me and we can arrange for pick up or delivery.  Much appreciated, thank you.




Throughout this period of isolation I've felt very grateful for my home, my front porch, and my backyard.       And I am, as always, grateful for my caring, supportive friends and family.

I still plan to offer a 'Getting High On Life" workshop for women.  The topics will be Emotional Healing and Being Authentic.  The proposed date is September 21st, 2020 and our location will once again be the meeting room at our local library.     I truly hope life will allow this workshop to go forward, and I look forward to seeing you there.




Life is good and life goes on.   My Sam & Lila are doing well, even throughout this heat wave. They spend most of their time sleeping when they are not on the front porch barking at all who dare to pass.   How dare other dogs walk on their sidewalk?   Sam and Lila are little handfuls.  They are now half-way to their eleventh birthdays.   I cherish the time we spend together and I'd be lost without them.

When the time is right, and I hope it will be soon, personal counseling will continue.  Love and light to my current clients.  I have missed  you.




I hope all who read this are doing okay; dealing positively with this strange new world in which we find ourselves.

I believe this 'time out' from our regular busy lives does offer each one of us the opportunity to truly find ourselves; to make decisions and choices.   Which behaviours and actions will we choose to keep post-covid-19, and which will we be able to let go?   I am learning much about myself in this strange new world and I feel grateful for the up-side of these challenging weeks.

Thanks once again for listening to my rambling.

I love you all.

Audrey.  






1 comment:

  1. I love you too Audrey, and many others love you and feel so blessed to have 'met' you, either in person, or on line.

    ReplyDelete