My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Support Local Talent

 He's a writer living in Elliot Lake; she's an actress; he's an artist; she's a musician. If they are so good, why are they living in Elliot Lake, they ask. After all, we know, "nothing good can come out of Nazareth".

I hear people say, this famous band is coming to town, can't wait to buy a ticket. Do you buy a ticket to hear the local band perform? Or do you think their performance should be free in the local restaurant or park?
I hear people say, an amazing art exhibit is happening with artists from all over the country exhibiting; can't wait to attend. Do you buy art from local visual artists? Or do you think it should be free to view at local craft shows?
I hear people say, I buy books all the time. Have you read the work of this famous author? Do you buy books from local authors? Or do you think their books should be free from the local library?
I hear people say, can't wait to watch the academy awards. Do you support local actors and attend local shows when presented? Or do you think their talents should be free? After all, they are amateurs, right? Of course, professionals need to be paid.
Yes, I know many talented people living in Elliot Lake who, like me, could say, 'Thankfully I don't have to support myself with my art. If I did I'd probably starve to death.'
If these artists lived in New York, Paris, Toronto, we would give anything to hear, read, view, their work.
But, after all, we know nothing good can come out of Elliot Lake.
As for me, I am grateful to be sharing this small city with such talented and motivated people. ❤
Support local local talent, local ideas and endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment