My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

SAMSON January, 2010 - July, 2020

Such a clever, good boy, my Sam!

"SAM"

"Samson"
January, 2010 - July, 2020



I said good-bye to my Sam today.  I can't describe the feelings I experienced as I carried the box into the house.  I placed it on the kitchen counter and for the second time since leaving Dr. Wannan's office I said aloud, "Sam in a box!"

Such an upsetting thought, my Sam in a box!  

He experienced too much confinement in his short life.  Feeling free and knowing he was loved played such a big part in this  little guy's transformation.

It wasn't easy opening the sealed plastic box but I persevered and, once it was open, I placed a few of Sam's ashes into some saran wrap.  I tied the small parcel with a pink ribbon.  I knew that Sam should have had a blue ribbon.  He was a courageous, brave little fellow.  Yes, it should have been blue, but all I could find was pink.

I placed Sam's tiny packet of ashes into the porcelain angel dish alongside the ashes of my beloved "Ki" then returned the angel to its place atop the kitchen cupboard.   I hope to take both with me when it's my turn.   My Dudley was not cremated. He was buried, so of him I will take only loving memory.   My little cat Sunny is also buried along with my little budgie, Sara.

Lila is with me as we head into the backyard where I sprinkle Sam's ashes .   He loved his backyard and today he was alive in my heart.  I could see him running, playing, or just resting in the tall, cool grass.

Sam resting on the cool grass just days before he had to leave.




I then proceeded to bury my Sam beside Brian's angel.   His ashes lay beneath the rock with Dudley's welcome puppy nearby.  I had a quiet chat with my Sam.  I felt his presence and I hope he could feel mine as I prayed.   I believe our pets go to Heaven.  If they don't, it's not a place I want to go either.   I believe our pets go to Heaven.


It's never easy to say good-bye to a loved one.  I love you, Sam, and you will never be forgotten.

Brian's Angel watches over.

Run free from pain, my handsome Sam. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment