My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Remembering Brian with love and gratitude

On this day, three years ago, Brian left his suffering behind and I knew he was, at last, free from pain, and in a better place.  Always he is remembered with love and gratitude.

I will never forget my first date with Brian; a wonderful memory.  He had invited me out for dinner, and when he arrived at my door to pick me up I was totally impressed because in one hand he carried flowers and a bottle of red wine.  He was letting me know he was a romantic.  In his other hand he carried a red tool case prepared to get to work on something or other that, at the time, was broken in the house.  He had it all, and I knew he was the one for me.

He wore a big smile on his face and I loved his soft, British accent.  Before our very first dinner date was over, I knew we would be sharing a good future together.

Brian on his way to the 'Ki House'




  
Brian was an amazing gardener.  He had a green thumb and I learned so much from him.  He would not tolerate a weed and, by hand, he would spend hours getting those weeds out of the grass or gardens.  Together we turned our backyard into a place of rest and beauty.  Others on the garden tour also enjoyed the results of his efforts.  


Sam enjoying his journey through the backyard garden
made beautiful by Brian's green thumb.


A wonderful dog lover, together we cared for Dudley, for Ki, and for Sam & Lila.   He loved to walk the dogs and we used to walk all over town with Dudley and Ki; not so much with Sam and Lila.  We soon learned that they were a special challenge; especially our handsome Sam.


Brian and Ki were inseparable






Brian with Lila










Brian left me with many wonderful memories and one that stands out in my mind is the day we joined others as we protested against the gas chamber; the killing of lost or abandoned pets.   

Brian protesting the animal gas chamber here in town.














A quiet man, Brian had a brilliant, subtle sense of humour.   We shared many wonderful times over the years.  We were in agreement on major issues emotionally, spiritually, intellectually, practically, and even politically.   There was little we disagreed on.  Brian was always there for me.  No one could have been a greater support to me in my writing endeavours.  He assisted me with the editing of all my books.  He encouraged me to write, and  happily looked after the current fur baby plus the house & garden while I wrote.  He was with me at every book launch; always there with his camera to record the special events.

He was a wonderful, talented wood worker and he sold much of his craft through the art gallery in Sault Ste Marie.  He was also a very talented artist and today I treasure his paintings that hang on my wall.    

Brian loved my family and he was a loving, supportive father to his only son, Richard.

We shared our love, and I will always remember him with love.   He was definitely one of the good guys and I was blessed to share our years together.


Brian, always remembered with love & gratitude

I am grateful for all the wonderful years we shared together.  We both loved live theatre and we attended many shows.  We both loved movies and Brian was a good dancer.  Together we attended Sunday morning church services.  We did everything together yet we both encouraged and supported our alone time while I wrote my novels and he enjoyed his wood turning workshop. Brian enriched my life in every way. I am blessed with happy memories. 


Brian and me
Three years have passed but my memories of our life together will always be alive in my heart.  I am blessed to be living life to its fullest today, and, despite Covid-19, I look to the future with hope.  Life goes on and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment