My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The Strange New World in Which I Find Myself - 11

Today is Wednesday, May 27th, 2020 and this is my eleventh entry in my blog about Covid-19 and self isolation.   We are in the middle of a heat wave, the black flies are alive and well, and I'm still staying home.

After more than two months of not leaving home, this afternoon I plan to venture out for the first time.  I will travel past the end of my driveway.   I hope I don't get dizzy from the excitement and this major change in pace.

With my best friend, we will drive to a secret place where I will find some wonderful rocks for my garden.  On our way home we plan to stop to buy Big Mac's for lunch.   The last time I tasted a Big Mac was the afternoon my daughter Christine social-distanced and visited on my back deck.   

Not a lot has happened in my life throughout these more than two months.  I continue to appreciate the Age-Friendly Shopping and Delivery Service provided by our fair city.  

My wonderful neighbour, Michelle, did some shopping for me at our local garden centre so I was able to plant wave petunias in my red containers out at the front of the house and enough flowers so that I could also put a couple in the hanging basket that I kept from last spring and summer.

My best friend, Chuck, cut the grass for me again this morning.  What a treasure he is and I'm grateful.  Thank you Chuck.

Sam, who was very ill, is feeling better, thank God.  Both he and Lila mostly sleep through the heat wave.  They, like me, will be grateful if the forecast is accurate and it cools down tomorrow.

I've renewed an old argument with the clumsy tree in my neighbour's yard.   I sweep my deck so often; clean the deck furniture so often; and so far I'm losing the battle.  I'm just praying it's not a repeat of last summer's performance where the Birch poured its unwanted gifts continually making it impossible to use the back deck; making barbecues impossible; eating or drinking outside on the deck impossible.  It's early days, but I truly don't think I can emotionally handle another war with this tree.  I hope it will behave itself.  

I am now a Singsnap addict and have recorded more than 170 songs.   I have no range in my voice but I love to sing anyway, and that's what I've been doing.  I am a bass in a soprano world.  The more I sing, I truly do attempt to expand my range, making myself sound like an old bird in severe pain.  But I try and I'm told God loves a tryer.

I am continuing with my Shamanic Life Coach course with Udemy.  I'm slower than my usual self but a lot of that is because I'm spending too much time on Singsnap.

I continue to appreciate daily visits with my best friend.  I appreciate my over-the-back-fence chats with Michelle, my neighbour.   We have a summer project happening soon.  The back fence between our two backyards is going to be replaced before it makes the decision to fall down.  I'm happy to have a summer project.  I already have my plans for the fall house project and hope the pandemic is behind us by then so that I will feel comfortable having the contractor in my home.

I have been watching little of the news but I understand that as of today there have been 5,614,458 confirmed cases around our small world; 86,939 of those cases here in Canada.  In Ontario, so far, there have been 26,483 confirmed cases and, to the best of my knowledge, here in Elliot Lake the number remains at three.

Seniors will be gifted by the federal government with an extra one-time payment of $300 or $500 dependent upon the individual's income.  That money hasn't arrived in anyone's bank account yet, but the promise was that it will be sometime in May so within the next few days that can be appreciated.

I'm unsure as to what is currently happening with the retail stores.  I know that some businesses are open for curbside pick-up and delivery but I'm unaware if that status has changed.   

The very odd thing is that I have become very used to just staying home with my chihuahua kids, Sam and Lila.  I enjoy my front porch.  I am trying to enjoy my backyard despite the clumsy tree's determination to steal that joy from me.   I'm grateful for Chuck in my life; for my daughter Susan's regular emails; and the support and friendship I share with others on Facebook.

Going out later today to find rocks for my garden and to buy a burger for lunch may not seem like a very exciting thing to some people.  Maybe in the past, when life was normal, it wouldn't seem like such an unusual thing.  But my feelings about leaving my home for the first time in more than two months are very paradoxical and strange.  I want to go, and I'm going.  But there is a part of me that just wants to stay put.  

Thanks for listening to my rambling once again.

I love you all.

Audrey.

Counseling sessions will resume when it is deemed safe for all to do so.  My current clients, please know I'm on Facebook daily.  
Don't hesitate to reach out with a PM.  I'm always here for you.


Our Getting High On Life Workshop for Women
focused on Emotional Healing
and Being Authentic
is planned to take place Monday, September 21st
in the Meeting Room of our local library.
Hope to see you there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment