My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Christmas poem ....

This Christmas Let’s Find a Way

by Audrey Austin

What can I say about Christmas that hasn’t been said before?
What do I feel deep down in my heart
As I hang the wreath on my front door?
Am I truly at peace when I string the lights
Around the Christmas tree?
And do I remember the birth of the child who lived and died for me?
Am I so enthralled by the shopping,
The wrapping,

the sharing,

the songs and the fun
That I overlook the Messiah’s birth, the love of the Holy One?
Forgetting that Christmas is meant to comprise,
The love and the hope in a small child’s eyes
Or family together,

friends near to the heart
Rebirthing,

redemption,

joy right from the start.
This Christmas Day let’s find  a way
 to peace and love spread

 through homes starving for bread
of life,

love,

peace and joy.

What more can be said

 as I kneel by my bed
Except thanks for the birth of this boy

who grew tall,
 gave His all
That we live, one and all?
I see the snow falling,
I hear children calling,
Don’t make Him pariah,
 Celebrate the Messiah.
What more can I say about Christmas that hasn’t been said before?
And what do I feel deep down in my heart

when I hang

that wreath

on my front door?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment